We are looking for a Technical Documentation Specialist to join our Creative team who will have a unique opportunity to work with key executives to develop product copy presenting it in a compelling way for our customers and partners to create customer demand and create content for the company’s own product.
Metroguild is one of the best places to work for a very young and vibrant bunch of enthusiastic and smart people who are passionate about the quality of work and the value they add to their customers’ lives.
- Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content.
- Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights into language that sets our users up for success.
- Plan documentation efforts with the team for our product; deliver product information either alone or as part of a team.
- Write API documentation that:
a. Meets users´ needs for information.
b. Is technically accurate and complete.
c. Is well organized.
d. Additionally, the writer is expected to review documents written by developers for an API.
- Develop content types such as workflows, process schematics, instructional videos, and developer consoles to simplify user understanding of APIs.
- Develop and maintain databases of appropriate reference materials, including research, usability tests, and design specifications.
- Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement. Researching, outlining, writing, and editing new and existing content as well. Also, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements.
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation.
- Providing content for sales, marketing, and support automation through a blog post and sales copies.
- Website content for the company’s own products.
- Writing guest posts for numerous websites to attract visitors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, preferably computer science, core sciences, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience in technical documentation, content strategist, and/or developer outreach roles.
- Ability to organize and create content and to work well with others is a must.
- Work in an agile development environment with peers in Product Management and Engineering fields.
- Experience with programming, especially around Web technologies.
- Knowledge of JSON, and REST APIs is also required.
- Familiarity with API testing tools such as Postman, and Insomnia.
- Familiarity with API documentation tools such as Swagger.
- Experience with Diagramming tools.
- Previous experience in writing documentation and procedural materials for multiple audiences.
- Demonstrate experience in writing and proofreading content, both end-user and technology related.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, with a keen eye for detail.
Sound like the job for you?